Oooh sweet weekends! I hope you’re having a lovely weekend, complete with fall goodness to the max! We moved into our new house in Bali this weekend, which took about 5 minutes since we still only have our little carry-on suitcases. Now we need to make it more of a home! It’s a brand-new 2-bedroom place with nothing on the walls… and the ugliest living room furniture you’ve ever seen. Luckily the beds are white and gauzy and totally make up for it. I can suffer through the furniture, and have plans for a pillow-den in a vacant corner, but we need some art ASAP! This week we’ll still be settling in and doing things like stocking the kitchen, signing up for the CSA, buying housewares (and props!), etc. but we’ll also be moving into our “normal” life here in Bali. That’s the whole point of being stationary for six months here! I’ll start going to yoga classes on a regular schedule, we’ll being learning Indonesian, and we’ll get back to work! You can expect some Balinese recipes coming your way next week! AAH! As usual, you can keep up with me on instagram. xoxo
Here’s what I found on the interwebs this week that made me drool!
- Cheesy Green Chile Corn Dip sounds like HEAVEN to me! Bring on the chips!
- An alternative to pumpkin spice pancakes, should you need one: Pecan Spiced Buttermilk Pancakes! Pretty!
- Tracy made a list of all the pumpkiny things! Thanks, Tracy!
- Creamy butternut, bacon, and leek pappardelle! Jessica gets me.
- Smoke paprika sweet potato soup. Two of my favorite flavors, which pair so nicely!
- Goat cheese eggs AND a breakfast salad? YES YES YES!
- I could use a refresher on my French mother sauces!
- I’ve never heard of stir-frying bread before, but this rye bread and chilli stir fry sounds incredible!
- I’m pretty sure veggie burgers don’t get prettier than this. Sweet potatoes and black beans FTW!
- Za’atar roasted squash with crispy kale and pomegranate… I’m sold!
- Pumpkin sage biscuits sound amazing! As do the 1-hour fall pot pies they top!
- Beet caviar! SO TASTY!
- Sweet potato, beet, and goat cheese galette. Again, ALL THE FAVORITE THINGS!
- How gorgeous is this roasted roots rainbow salad? WAAAY beautiful!
- Butternut squash souffle. Ugh. I need this ASAP!
- I don’t normally go for brussels sprouts, but this mac n’ cheese makes them look UH-MAZING.
Did you find anything awesome this week? Please share it with us in the comments below!0