I’m gonna go ahead and acknowledge, right off the bat, that this recipe is 100% ridiculous. But also? Ridiculously delicious. I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW, it’s like carbs on carbs on cheese on cheese on carbs… hence it’s ridiculous deliciousness. DUH!
I’m not sure how this even came to mind. It just did. I eat a lot of mac n’ cheese (truth), and a LOT of quesadillas (big truth), so it seems only natural that I’d eventually put them together, right? I guess. Obviously I used Annie’s Mac n’ cheese, and Tillamook white cheddar for the cheese in the quesadilla. No, this isn’t a sponsored post. Those two are just my favorites!
Here’s the trick to making this — if you can call it that: use the shredded cheese to make a small ring around the outside edge of the quesadilla… then sprinkle enough cheese between the tortilla and the noodles to hold it all together. THE CHEESE THAN BINDS! But really, it keeps everything from falling apart. All in all, there really wasn’t much shredded cheese here, though. Just enough to keep it together!
As for the peas, those are also my go-to when making Annie’s. I just throw in frozen peas a few minutes before the noodles finish, and they cook to perfection and even find their way into the shells — they look like little helmets! Like that one cartoon of some little dude with a suit of armor — anybody know what I’m talking about? I don’t know what I’m talking about enough to give you more details than that … Oops!
Obviously I endorse making whatever mishmash of flavors you want here — fancy up that macaroni with whatever cheeses and hot sauces and peppers and mustards and veggies you want! Then slap it between some quesadillas, with a little more cheese (something melty and sticky, like a cheddar or a gouda), and BOOM: you’ve made yourself a ridiculous (ly delicious) meal. This reminds me of Lady and Pups “The Shit I Eat When By Myself” —
this one is my favorite of hers!
ENJOY! Go be ridiculous! EAT SOME WEIRD QUESADILLAS! xoxoPrint
White Cheddar & Peas Macaroni & Cheese Quesadilla
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 1
- 1 box Mac n’ Cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Prepare the mac n’ cheese according to directions. Three minutes before the noodles are done, add the frozen peas. Drain, and finish preparing as usual.
- In a large frying pan or skillet heat one tortilla over medium-high heat. Add half of the cheese to the tortilla, with a slightly thicker ring around the outside of the tortilla. Add a generous amount of the prepared noodles, spread evenly, then top with the remaining cheese and tortilla.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and both sides of the tortilla are crispy golden brown.
- Top with hot sauce or any other toppings you want and enjoy immediately!
You will not use the entire box of macaroni in one quesadilla! I used about 1/4 of the box for one quesadilla.