Healthy-ish cookies packed with protein and a hit of chocolate and sweetness to power you up post-workout or any time of the day.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2.5 cups gluten-free oatmeal, put through blender or food processor
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4.5 oz. grated semi-sweet chocolate (put the chips through a food processor)
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, combine. In a separate bowl,
- Mix together almond flour, blended oatmeal, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and grated chocolate.
- Add to the butter mixture, and stir to combine.
- Add chocolate chips and raisins (if you want).
- Let the dough chill for at least one hour.
- Bake for 9 minutes at 375 F.
- Oatmeal is considered to be gluten free, but often the processing of it can contaminate it. If you’re really wanting a GF cookie, make sure to get certified GF oats.
- CHILL THE DOUGH. Don’t skip this step.