- 1/2 cup almonds, soaked overnight in water (Alternatively, 2 cups of pre-made almond milk)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 small pinch salt
- 1 shot of espresso* per serving
- Combine the soaked almonds with four cups of water in a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Strain through a cheesecloth or nut bag.
- Return the liquid to the blender, and add the remaining ingredients (except for espresso). Blend until smooth.
- Heat the almond milk either on the stove or in the microwave until hot, then add 2/3 cup to one shot of espresso. Top with fresh grated nutmeg.
*You can use 1/4 cup very strong coffee in lieu of espresso.