- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 6 Tbsp cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup old-fashion oats
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 3 cups diced apples
- 3/4 cup white sugar (I used coconut sugar, but any will work)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and cardamom. Pulse to blend together.
- Add the butter to the processor, and pulse until no chunks are bigger than pea-sized. Add the oatmeal and pulse to combine, but not to chop up the oats. Set aside (keep cold if you're not working very quickly here).
- Toss together the rhubarb, apples, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest. Mix well, then pour into a buttered 8x8" baking dish.
- Top with the oat crumble mixture, and bake for 45-50 minutes. The fruit should be bubbling, and the crumble should be turning light golden-brown. Remove and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.