- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (toasted or untoasted)
- 8-10 fresh chard leaves
- In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, grated ginger, sriracha, and 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium flame, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp sesame oil. When it is hot, add the ground chicken. Cook, breaking up the pieces with a spatula, until fully browned — about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and onion, along with the mixed sauce. Mix well, and continue to cook until the onions are translucent — another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sliced water chestnuts and green onions and cook for another two minutes.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve in fresh chard leaves.