- 4 large beets
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup chopped cucumber, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup diced red onion, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- To garnish: micro greens, extra cucumber, red onion, cubed beets, cilantro, yogurt, salt & pepper
- In a large pot, cover the beets with water, and bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce to a simmer. Let the beets cook for 40-50 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature (remove the beets from the water to speed this process up). Save the cooking water!
- When the beets are cool, use your hands to remove and discard the skin.
- Save one beet to cube and use as a garnish. Put the rest of the beets, along with the cilantro, garlic, cucumber, onion, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper in a blender. Add two cups of the reserved cooking liquid, and blend until smooth. Add more liquid as needed, along with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup cold, topped with micro greens, extra cucumber, red onion, cubed beets, cilantro, and yogurt.