- 1 cup berries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the berries and sugar together. Use a wooden spoon to break the berries apart.
- Simmer until significantly reduced — you should have about 1/3 cup of liquid.
- Remove from the heat and let cool before proceeding.
- With a mixer, cream the butter together with the cooled berries and 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Mix until completely smooth, then add the vanilla and remaining powdered sugar to your desired consistency.
If you don't want the texture from the fiber and seeds in the berries, double the amount of berries you use and press them through a sieve as soon as they are broken up. Continue to cook just the juice to reduce.