- 1 cup dry TVP (texurized vegetable protein)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2–3 large carrots, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh chives or scallions, chopped
- 1 handful raw spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Blend the TVP in a food processor until it resembles flour. Set aside.
- In the food processor, combine all remaining ingredients. Blend until mostly smooth, but flecks still visible.
- Stir the blended TVP and bean mixture together. Add more TVP if necessary: mixture should be wet, but not sticky.
- Form the mixture into patties and put on a parchment-lined baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes on each side.