- For the Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Butter a 9″ springform pan, or a baking dish, and line with parchment.
- With a mixer, cream the butter together with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at at time.
- Add the almond and vanilla extract, along with the milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine, then add to the wet mixture along with the 1/2 cup slivered almonds. Mix just to combine.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and press the blackberries into the top of the batter, which should be thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon for the topping. Use a fork to combine, then cut in the butter until crumbly. Mix with the 1/4 cup slivered almonds and sprinkle overtop of the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean from the center of the cake.