These blackberry buckwheat pancakes have four flours, giving them a complex depth and rich flavor. They have frozen blackberries, making them easy to enjoy all year round!
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 Tbsp oat flour
- 3 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups frozen blackberries, coarsely chopped
- extra butter for the griddle
- maple syrup for serving
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing until almost smooth (but still a little lumpy).
- Heat a skillet or griddle on medium-high heat. Melt a tiny bit of butter, then pour 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot griddle. Immediately scatter a small handful of berries on top of the uncooked pancake.
- When the edges of the pancake are dry, and bubbles are holding their shape in the middle of the pancake, flip and cook for another minute on the other side.
- Repeat with all of the batter, and serve warm with maple syrup and other pancake toppings (yogurt, bee pollen, peanut butter, butter, etc.).
Keywords: blackberry buckwheat pancakes, blackberry pancakes, blackberry pancake recipe, buckwheat pancake recipe