- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 cup packed kale leaves, stems removed
- 2 Tbsp Italian herbs mix
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- olive oil
- 6 1/4"x3" slices of brie
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt + pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Finely chop, either by hand or by pulsing a food processor, the basil and kale leaves together. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the Italian herbs with the bread crumbs, and as much pepper as you want (optional). Set aside.
- Prepare a loaf tin by covering the bottom in olive oil.
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally, so you have six thinly pieces of breast. You can gently hammer with your palm to flatten out each piece, if needed.
- Lightly salt the inside of each piece of chicken before placing one slice of brie in the center of each piece (spanning across the short way of the breast), topping with about 2 Tbsp of the basil/kale mixture, and then rolling up the chicken to enclose the filling.
- Keeping the chicken rolled tightly, roll the entire thing in the bread crumb mixture, then place seam-side down in the prepared loaf tin.
- Repeat until all of the chicken has been used.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is done, then pour the marinara over top and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with basil!