These three recipes for Brûléed Oats with Nuts & Berries use Pacific Foods Organic Steel-Cut Oatmeal as a base for your favorite fresh nuts and berries to mix into — then sprinkle with sugar and brûlée.
- 1 10oz package Pacific Foods Organic Steel-Cut Oatmeal (choose your flavor!)
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
Raspberry Cinnamon Pecan
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh cherries
- 1/4 cup fresh almonds, chopped
Blackberry, Coconut, Cardamom
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/8 cup coconut flakes
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- In a small mixing bowl, gently mix together your choice of warmed oatmeal* with your choice of nuts, berries, and spices.
- Divide the oatmeal mixture into two small ramekins. Spread the top as flat as you can — any bits poking up will easily burn under the torch.
- Divide the sugar and sprinkle evenly over the flat oatmeal surface.
- Use your kitchen torch to brûlée the sugar on top of the oatmeal until it’s golden brown. Enjoy warm!
*Warming the oatmeal is completely up to you — I prefer to do it before I mix in the nuts and berries, and follow the directions on the package (microwave or stovetop). You could do it after mixing in the nuts and berries, or skip it altogether!