- 1 pie crust
- 1/2 lb ground spicy italian sausage
- 1 white onion, cut to long strips
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, some quartered, and some cut to 1/8" coins
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup ricotta
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Roll out the pie crust and fit it to a 9" pie pan, making sure to prick with a fork. Line with foil and pie weights and bake for 10 minutes before removing the foil and weights. Return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage and break it apart with a spatula.
- When the sausage is browned, add the onion and brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5-8 minutes, or until the onions and brussels are both nearly soft.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, ricotta, and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Combine the sausage mixture with the egg mixture, then pour into the crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the egg mixture is firm.
- Let cool a few minutes before serving.