- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Toppings: whipped cream, chocolate sauce, sprinkles
- Plug in your waffle iron and let it heat on medium as you prepare the batter.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, at least 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add the vanilla and almond extract.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the batter in three batches, alternating with the milk, until fully incorporated. Add sprinkles to the batter at this point, if you want.
- Scoop 1/2 cup (this amount will depend on the size of your waffle iron) of batter into the waffle iron, and close the lid. Let cook for about 3 minutes, then carefully remove the waffle. Upon removal, the waffle will be very soft and fragile; however, it will crisp up after removal.
- Serve with toppings as desired: whipped cream, chocolate sauce, fruit, sprinkles, etc.