- 2 Tbsp instant espresso powder
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Stir together the espresso powder and boiling water until dissolved. Set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt to the food processor pulse until fully combined.
- Add the butter, cubed, the roughly chopped almonds, and the espresso mixture to the food processor and pulse until the sound deepens and the dough comes together. Turn the dough out onto the countertop and use your hands to bring it together.
- On 2 sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap, form the dough into two (separate) logs of dough about 2" in diameter. Roll, twist the ends to seal, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350, slice the dough ¼" thick, and cook for 16-18 minutes. The bottoms of the cookies should just be turning golden, but the tops shouldn't.
- Remove and transfer to a cooling rack. When the cookies are fully cooled, melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over the cookies.