- ½ cup raw almonds (or almond meal)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 3 Tbsp butter, plus a bit for buttering the ramekins
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly butter two small ramekins, and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds until they are a fine powder (but don’t make them into a butter!). Mix in the cinnamon, salt, and cayenne. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the butter, sugar, and chocolate chips. Microwave for one minute, then in 30-second increments, stirring until the chocolate chips are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in the beaten egg, then add the almond meal mixture. Mix until smooth, divide between the ramekins, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Dust with powdered sugar for serving.