- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1–3 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Spread the almonds in a single layer on an unlined baking sheet, and bake for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through. You should be able to smell a delicious nutty flavor when they’re done.
- Remove the almonds from the oven and immediately put them in your food processor. Process the almonds for 10-15 minutes, or until you have a true nut butter. It will be grainy at first, but continue processing and it will turn into an oily butter.
- Microwave the chocolate chips for 30 seconds, then add to the nut butter (the chocolate does not need to be fully melted). Add the salt and process for another 2 minutes.
- Add more salt as needed for taste.
- Serve at room temperature, but store in the refrigerator if not consuming it all within two days.