- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- sugar for sprinkling
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With a pastry cutter or clean fingers, cut in the butter until pieces are no bigger than peas.
- Mix in the chopped chocolate, then the buttermilk. Stir gently to combine.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and press together in a 1 1/2″ tall block. Cut into 4 large biscuits.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until biscuits are puffed and done. Let cool completely before cutting in half.
- Toss the strawberries with 3 Tbsp sugar, and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Whip the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla together to form soft peaks.
- Top half of a biscuit with strawberries and whipped cream, and enjoy!
You could very easily make smaller biscuits, just make sure to decrease baking time.