A family recipe that is as authentic as gets for Cincinnati chili. Sweet and spicy classic chili over spaghetti.
- 2 lbs ground beef 8 cups of water
- 29 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 8 drops of Tabasco Sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- cooked spagetti (when ready to serve)
- oyster crackers
- grated cheddar cheese
- more chopped onions
- chopped jalapeños
- In a large pot, cook the water and ground beef together over medium heat until the meat has completely fallen apart and there are no chunks remaining.
- Add all of the other ingredients and let simmer for 4 hours. Add water as desired if consistency becomes too thick. Carefully spoon excess fat from the surface.
- When the chili is ready, serve over cooked spagetti and top with liberal portions of cheese and oyster crackers. Chopped onions and jalapeños may be used as a garnish as well.