- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- With a mixer, cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add to the wet ingredients, and mix until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1/8 cup balls, and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 9-11 minutes — until the edges are set and peaks are beginning to turn golden.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for two minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
This dough can easily be refrigerated (or frozen!). If you’re having issues with the dough spreading (which I don’t anticipate, if you follow the recipe), try refrigerating the dough for 30 minutes before baking.