- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2+ Tbsp grapefruit zest (I may have used more like 3)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice (fresh squeezed!)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted, plus more for griddle
- extra coconut, grapefruit, and maple syrup for topping
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coconut in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, with clean fingers, pinch the zest and sugar together until fully incorporated. Add this to the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg into the buttermilk, then add the grapefruit juice and melted coconut oil.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes while you heat up the griddle. Also heat the oven to 200F and place a baking sheet in, to keep pancakes warm as you cook.
- Over medium heat, melt coconut oil and cook pancakes until golden brown on each side. Keep them warm in the oven until you’re done cooking, then serve with topping of your choice!