This fun chicken dish had coconut cream, lime, and sweet mini bell peppers. This dish cooks entirely on the stovetop, and comes together just thirty minutes.
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, as close to the same size as you can get them
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8oz mini peppers, seeded and sliced into thin rings
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup green onions
- rice, for serving
- Combine the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Generously season the chicken breasts with the spice mixture on both sides.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, and add the chicken breasts in a single layer. Cook on the first side, without moving, for four minutes. After four minutes, turn the heat down to medium, flip the chicken breasts, add the oil and the garlic.
- Cook, stirring the garlic around the chicken breasts as best you can, for 1 minute before adding the peppers.
- After 2 minutes, add the ginger and coconut cream. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat to low (or enough to maintain the simmer).
- Let simmer for 10 minutes. Depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts, you may need to continue to cook a bit longer. When the chicken is done (no longer pink on the inside), add the sliced jalapeños and remove from the heat.
- Squeeze the lime juice in, and add more salt to the coconut sauce if necessary. Garnish with green onions, and serve over rice.