- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut*
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F and butter an 9x5 loaf pan.
- Wrap the shredded zucchini in cheesecloth and squeeze as much liquid out as you can. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and coconut (save a small amount to sprinkle on top of the loaf). Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Add the zucchini and dry ingredients, mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, top with extra coconut, and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. You'll likely need to tent the pan with foil after 30 minutes, so the coconut doesn't brown too much.
- Let the loaf cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing it. Serve warm or cooled!
If you use unsweetened coconut, up the brown sugar to at least 2/3, if not 3/4 cup.