Your secret favorite snack made legitimate in truffle form. These gooey, buttery truffles combine life's greatest two ingredients: chocolate and cookie dough.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- *1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- **3/4 cup peanut butter
- **1/4 cup flour
- Toppings of your choosing (I used fleur de sel and paprika)
- Chocolate of your choosing (I used semi-sweet and dark) for melting
- With a mixer, cream the butter together with the sugars. Add in vanilla and milk. Mix the flour and salt together, then add it to the butter mixture. Mix in mini chocolate chips.
- *Use only 1/2 cup of butter if you want peanut butter truffles.
**Use 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter in place of the butter, and increase the flour by 1/4 cup.
- Chill dough until you can handle it easily. Roll into small balls (I recommend 3/4" in diameter) and set aside on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Melt your chosen chocolate in a heatproof bowl, then use two forks to dip each ball of dough into the chocolate. Shake/tap off excess chocolate, set the truffle back onto the cookie sheet, and top with sea salt, paprika, or leave plain.
- Allow truffles to harden at room temperature, then eat!
- Do NOT freeze truffles! The chocolate will melt at room temperature if it has been frozen.
- I made my truffles almost the size of golf balls, and they were *far* too large. Half that size would be perfect.