- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp buckwheat flour
- 1 Tbsp AP flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- yogurt & maple syrup, for serving
- Place an 8″ cast-iron pan, or small pie dish, in the oven, and preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Separately, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Add the wet and dry ingredients together and whisk until smooth (I use an immersion blender to get them as smooth as possible, but blend for the shortest possible amount of time!).
- When the oven is hot, add the butter to the hot pan, and return it to the oven until melted. When the butter has melted, pour the batter into the pan with the butter, and then scatter the cranberries on top of the batter. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with yogurt and maple syrup.