- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp anise seeds
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups grated sweet potato
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds (sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, chia, hemp hearts, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, and line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (both flours, baking powder, soda, salt, and anise), and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, melted butter, brown sugar, and milk until smooth. Add the sweet potato, then the dry ingredients and cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and sprinkle the seed mixture on top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.