Creamy, decadent, and rich these brownies take the classic to a new level.
- 10 tbsp butter
- 4 oz (2/3 cup) semisweet chocolate
- 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Cream Cheese Layer
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup caramel (goat cheese or otherwise)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with foil, then butter the foil.
- For the cream cheese layer, run food processor with just the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add the egg, and pulse to incorporate. Add sugar and vanilla, and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- For the brownies, combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside. Melt butter and chocolate together in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently to avoid burning the bottom. When the mixture is fully melted and incorporated, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix to fully incorporate. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth top. Pour the cream cheese layer over the brownie layer, then drizzle the caramel as you wish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out mostly clean - these brownies are not cakey at all, so they will still be somewhat dense and gooey. Remove pull the brownies out with the foil, and cool on a cooling rack 30 minutes before serving.