- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cream, cold
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk together the butter, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the cold butter, using a pastry cutter or your fingers.
- Mix the cranberries and dark chocolate into the dry mixture.
- Combine the vanilla with the cream, then add it to the dry mixture and stir gently until barely cohesive. Turn out onto a floured surface and pat into a 1" thick circle. Use a knife or biscuit cutters to divide the dough into 8-10 pieces. Arrange on the baking sheet at least 1" apart from each other.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the tops are golden and no part of the scones looks wet.
- Remove from the oven and allow to mostly cool before combining the milk and powdered sugar, and drizzling over the scones.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Best within 2 days.