- 2 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 5 cups flour
- Cream the butter and sugar together until incorporated — do not mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing completely.
- Add the salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix until totally smooth.
- Add the flour and mix until the dough comes together.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, shaped into discs, and chill for one hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4″ thickness on a lightly floured surface, cut your cookies and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. If the edges are browning, you’ve cooked them too long.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for one minute before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Let cool completely before decorating.