- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg or 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, salt, and egg (or yolks) together in a saucepan. Mix to combine.
- Over low heat, slowly add the milk while whisking.
- Continue to whisk over low heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla, continue whisking until butter is fully melted and mixed in.
- Pour into small ramekins and chill. If you wish to prevent a skin from forming, press a layer of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding.