- 6 cups fresh kale leaves (ribs removed)
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Roughly chop the kale leaves, and prepare the garlic by removing the skin (if you're mincing, do it now. Otherwise, get your garlic press prepped!).
- Heat a large, heavy skillet (with a lid) over high heat. When it's VERY hot, add 1 tsp of olive oil, immediately followed by the kale and water. Cover, and let cook for 1-2 minutes. When the kale is fully steamed (it will be moist and bright green), remove the lid.
- Press in the garlic, add the salt and the pepper. Stir briskly so as not to burn any kale, but allow for some darkening of leaves while the water cooks off and the garlic slightly cooks — 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and serve immediately.