- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2/3 cups Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, and lightly grease an 8×8″ pan.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Once melted, add the sugar and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and add the cocoa and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the vanilla, and then the eggs one at a time. Whisk fully so that the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder, espresso powder, and flour. Add to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (if you want them fully intact, let the mixture cool 10 minutes before doing this step).
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and cook for 25-30 minutes – the top should have a thin crust, but the center will still be quite moist.
- Let cool 20 minutes before cutting and serving.