- 3/4 cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups AP flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup chopped cranberries
- With a mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until smooth. Add the egg, and again mix until smooth before incorporating the almond extract.
- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt before adding the dry ingredients to the butter in the mixing bowl.
- Mix until the ingredients have just come together, then add the chopped cranberries and mix again only to incorporate. If the dough is sticky, refrigerate for 30 minutes (my house is cold enough that this wasn’t necessary).
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and line a baking sheet with parchment. Scoop dough in 1/8 cup balls and place 2″ apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are set but not yet browning. They will not look very done! Remove, let cool for two minutes on the pan, and then move to a rack to fully cool.