- 1 cup cooked polenta
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups fresh kale
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- fresh parmesan shavings
- 1 egg
- 1/2 avocado
- salt & pepper
- While the polenta is still warm, pour onto a flat plate or into a baking dish so that you have a semi-even layer about 3/4″ thick. Let cool completely (like overnight), then cut into a square/rectangle.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter, then add the polenta in one big slice. Let it cook on each side for about 5 minutes, or until crisped and slightly blackened.
- While the polenta is cooking, chop the kale into small pieces. Massage with your hands for about a minute, then toss with the vinegar and oil. Top with fresh parmesan, then set aside.
- Cook your egg, either poached or fried, at this point.
- When the polenta is done, top with the avocado (sliced or mashed), some salt & pepper, then the egg. Serve alongside the kale.