- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Place a pie dish, or cast iron skillet, in the oven.
- By hand, or in the blender, combine the eggs, vanilla, salt, and milk. Blend for a few seconds, until smooth.
- Add the flour, and mix only until incorporated.
- With the pan still in the oven, put the butter into the pan. When the butter has melted, remove the pan and gently pour that batter into the center of the pan.
- Return the pan to the oven, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Serve with syrup, powdered sugar and lemon, sour cream and brown sugar, or whatever else suits your fancy!