- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla beans
- 4 Tbsp honey, divided
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 2 Tbsp honey
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the cream and ground vanilla. Cook, stirring occasionally, until warm. Once warm, stir in the honey until dissolved.
- Add two tablespoons of warm cream to the egg yolks, whisking vigorously. Pour the eggs into the rest of the cream, and whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium-low heat until thickened (about 10 minutes) enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Pour into two small ramekins, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with foil. Toss your sliced strawberries with the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey and bake for 15-20 minutes. The berries should be soft and fragrant, but still able to hold their shape.
- Serve the custards warm or cold, topped with berries!