- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- With clean fingers, rub the sugar and lemon zest together until fully incorporated. Combine with the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer, and cream together on medium-high until light and fluffy (4-6 minutes), scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the egg, mixing until incorporated, then the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Comine the wet and dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes before rolling into slightly flattened 1/8 cup balls and baking on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 12-14 minutes. The edges will be set but the tops of the cookies should not brown.
- Let the cookies fully cool before whisking the powdered sugar and lemon juice together, and dipping each cookie into the glaze.