- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, chopped
- In a bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash the anchovy fillets and garlic into a paste. Sprinkle in a little bit of salt to aid in the paste-making.
- Whisk in the egg, lemon juice, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil, starting with a very thin drizzle and whisking vigorously until totally incorporated.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the grated cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- With a tiny bit of olive oil, massage the kale leaves for about 2 minutes. Get every inch of the leaves. They will soften.
- Toss the leaves with a few Tablespoons of dressing at a time, until coated to your liking. Top with croutons and grated cheese.