This hearty salad has chickpeas cooked in mushroom broth, kale, fingerling potatoes, pepitas, fennel, and a creamy miso dressing.
- 3/4 cup uncooked chickpeas
- 3 cups Pacific Foods Organic Mushroom Broth
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 6 cups torn kale
- 1/2 cup pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 pears
- 3 Tbsp white miso paste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 cup mirin
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup Pacific Foods Organic Mushroom Broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Soak the chickpeas in water, covering by 2-3″, for at least 8 hours. After they’ve soaked, drain and rinse. Add to a small pot with the 3 cups of Pacific Foods Organic Mushroom Broth and cook for 40-50 minutes, or until tender.
- While the chickpeas are cooking, preheat the oven to 425F. Cut the fingerling potatoes into small pieces, toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook until fork-tender and slightly browned.
- When the chickpeas and potatoes are just about done, steam the kale for just a few minutes — it should be bright green and still have some structure, rather than totally wilting. Remove from the steaming pot immediately.
- To make the dressing, use a blender or immersion stick to blend together all of the dressing ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss to combine. Garnish with sliced pears. Serve warm, or cold!
Keywords: kale chickpea salad, kale chickpea salad with creamy miso dressing