- 1 pie crust
- 1/3 lb ground chorizo
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 1 russet potato, sliced thinly or diced into small cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups torn fresh kale leaves
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 oz. white cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Roll your pie dough out to 1/4″ thick and fit it to your pie pan. Line with foil and pie weights. Cook for 8-9 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, brown the chorizo. Cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until it is all browned. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes before adding the potato. Add the 1/4 cup of water, scraping the pan and mixing everything together.
- Cook until the potatoes are softened — this will depend on how thick you cut them, but you should be able to stick a fork into them (slightly underdone, but still soft).
- Add the kale to the pan and cook until just wilted (3 minutes). Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, half of the shredded cheddar, and about 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper. Once smooth, add the chorizo potato mixture, mix well, and pour into the prepared crust.
- Top with the extra cheese and bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is puffed and golden.
- Serve warm.