- 1/2 cup butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line or spray a muffin tin.
- Melt the butter, then set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Whisking, add the milk to the melted butter. Whisk in the two eggs until fully combined. Add the lemon juice and vanilla. Set aside.
- With clean fingers, rub the sugar together with the lemon zest until fragrant and combined. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon one spoonful of batter into each muffin tin, then add a few blueberries, layer with more batter, and top with more blueberries.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.