These healthy meatballs are packed with nutrients from kale and Asian-inspired flavors from lemongrass, garlic, and ginger. These meatballs are baked, but you could cook them on the stovetop if you prefer. Serve with a side of potatoes and more vegetables!
- 1 oz fresh ginger
- 1 oz fresh lemongrass
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 oz green onion
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup packed chopped kale
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
- In a food processor, combine the ginger, lemongrass, garlic, lime juice, green onion, cilantro, kale, and toasted sesame oil. Pulse until there are no large pieces, but not so it’s completely smooth. There should be small, but distinct, pieces visible.
- Combine the chopped mixture with the ground chicken, egg, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to gently combine everything evenly.
- Use a cookie scoop, or measuring scoop, to evenly divide the meat into small (⅛ cup) balls. Arrange on a baking sheet, and bake at 400F for 16-20 minutes (this will depend on their size). To make sure they’re done, break one open — you should not see any pink.
- Serve hot with a side of potatoes and vegetables!