Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns make this and easy dinner full of classic “loaded sweet potato” flavors. Covered in a tasty “nooch” sauce, this healthy dinner is sure to disappear quickly.
For the Bowl
- 1 box Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns (or littles!)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced to thin strips
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced to thin strips
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
For the Sauce
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup water
- juice of 1 lime, freshly squeezed (1 Tbsp)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F and cook the Dr Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns according to directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add the onion and green peppers. They should sizzle, and slightly blacken while you cook them. Stir occasionally, until they’re soft. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- While the onions, peppers, and hash browns are cooking, prepare the sauce: combine all of the sauce ingredients together in the blender, and blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, combine the Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns, sauteed onions and bell peppers, beans, jalapeños, and salsa. Heavily drizzle the sauce over top!
This bowl would be great with any variety of vegetables, as well as sour cream, guacamole or avocado, cilantro, etc. There were so many great things to choose from, so I kept it simple and hope you decorate as you see fit!