- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp ground dry turmeric
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- Soak the cashews in the water for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- When the nuts are fully soaked, blend them on high in an extremely powerful blender (Vitamix-type) for 1 minute, until completely smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend for another 15 seconds.
- Serve hot or cold, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.