- 8 oz rice noodles
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 12 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shrimp, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 fried (or poached) egg per person (4 eggs)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- sriracha sauce for serving (optional)
- chopped cilantro for serving (optional)
- In a shallow dish, cover the rice noodles with room temperature water. Set aside while you cook the soup.
- In a large soup pot, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, and cook without stirring for 3 minutes. Stir once, then cook again for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger, stir and cook for 30 seconds before adding the jalapeño and green onions.
- Cook for another minute before adding the chicken broth. Bring the broth to a boil, then add the shrimp. Drain the rice noodles, and add them to the soup.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, and rice vinegar.
- At this point, you should cook your eggs.
- Once the shrimp are cooked through, and the noodles are soft, the soup is done!
- Serve with one egg in each bowl, garnished with lime, sriracha, and cilantro.