- 3 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cook steel cut oats
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp shredded coconut (I use unsweetened)
- 1 cup dried chopped dates
- 1/2 cup seed mixture (I use a mixture of chia seeds, buckwheat groats, and hemp seeds)
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the salt, then the oats.
- Let the mixture simmer (I keep it covered unless I’m stirring), stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.*
- When the oats are done, remove from the heat and stir in the butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon. When the butter is completely melted, divide the mixture into your five containers for the week.
- Divide the remaining ingredients equally between the containers. Cover, and store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. Microwave for 1-2 minutes before eating!
Depending on what kind of oats you get, you may have to cook them slightly differently. Once they’re done, you can follow the directions here to add the goodies!