- 2 cups flour
- 2.5 cups oatmeal, put through blender or food processor
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4.5 oz. grated semi-sweet chocolate
- 1.5 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, blended oatmeal, salt, baking powder, baking soda, grated chocolate, and chopped pecans. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter until smooth, then add sugars and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix in chocolate chips. Using a 1/8 cup measure, scoop dough and form into slightly flattened balls. Bake for 9-10 minutes – do NOT overbake.
I use a food processor to blend the oatmeal and chocolate chips (separately), then the butter mixture. It is quick!
Sometimes I substitute milk chocolate for the grated semi-sweet, it makes the cookies sweeter though, so be careful.
Seriously, don’t overbake these cookies. They won’t flatten out very much when they’re baked, so don’t expect them to. Try 8-9 minutes at first, and if you genuinely think they need more time, go for it. But they won’t.
I like to chop the pecans fairly fine so that they aren’t noticeable as huge nutty chunks in the cookies, but give more of a texture and overall flavor. Feel free to keep them chunky.