- Carrot Cake Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and line an 8x8" pan with parchment.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, orange zest, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs together with the brown sugar, then add the sour cream, melted butter, milk, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth, then whisk in the shredded carrots.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until partially combined, then fold in the chopped pecans. Spread evenly into the prepared pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, cream the cream cheese and butter together in a mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. Slowly mix until smooth. Frost the bars in an even layer!