- 1 3/4 cup (3 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups (8 ounces) pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Butter a 9×13″ pan, and line with parchment paper.
- Combine 1 1/8 cup (2 1/4 sticks) of butter with 3/4 cup brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 tsp salt, then the flour one cup at a time. Mix until dough forms into large clumps.
- Press the dough into the bottom of your prepared pan, fork-prick the crust, and chill for 20 minutes. When chilled, bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely before proceeding.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 F.
- Place remaining butter, brown sugar, honey, granulated sugar, heavy cream, and salt in a medium saucepan over high heat. Stir together and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour the pecan mixture over the cooled crust, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling.
- Let cool completely before cutting into small pieces for serving.